PooranLaw has extensive expertise in all areas of estate planning – from preparing wills and powers of attorney, to establishing Henson Trusts, to developing tax planning strategies. We can help you consider your long-term priorities and objectives for your assets. Then we can assist with making the necessary arrangements to ensure those priorities and objectives are respected and carried out to the benefit of your family members and loved ones – particularly those with disabilities.
The development of an estate plan may include:
- Preparing a valid will
- Making choices about how you own property (i.e., joint accounts and joint ownership)
- Making gifts or loans during your lifetime
- Establishing a Henson Trust, Qualified Disability Trust and/or Lifetime Benefit Trust for your family member with a disability – whether now (inter vivos trust) or upon death (testamentary trust)
- Preparing a Continuing Power of Attorney for Property and/or a Power of Attorney for Personal Care to ensure your wishes are respected in the event you become unable to make decisions for yourself
- Designating beneficiaries under registered plans (i.e., RRSPs, RRIFs, etc.) and life insurance policies
- Considering Registered Disability Savings Plans
- Planning gifts to charitable organizations
- Examining the qualifications for the Disability Tax Credit
- Implementing tax planning strategies
Contact us to find out more about your estate planning options.
Learn more about estate planning: