Date: Friday October 18th, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Road W. Burlington. ON
Don’t miss this opportunity to come and learn more about FASD and how we can work together to remove barriers and improve the quality of life for individuals living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders. Keynote speakers Judy Pakozdy and her son Matthew will share what they have learned and how to support success for individuals living with FASD.
Summary of Speakers / Presentation:
- Sheilah Laffan – “Opening Yoga /Mindfulness”
- Flora Ennis, Nicole Schween, Michelle Ennis and Michael O’Riordan (Woodview) – “Camp Unity: Junior Leadership Program for Youth with FASD“
- Denise Kollee, Tanya Hall, Brenda PInkus – “The Halton FASD Collaborative Experience /Supporting Community Change ”
- Brendon Pooran (Pooran Law) – “Estate Planning and Disability Trusts”
- Dr. Kaitlyn McLachlan (CanFASD) – “A Canadian FASD Snapshot: CanFASD and the National FASD Database”
- Matthew Pakozdy “We’re just different”
- Lisa Colombo and Staff Sgt. Brenna Bonn “FASD Waterloo – REACH For It”
- Judy Pakozdy (Parent/Advocate) – “This Is Us”
- Savanna Pietrantonio – “Having a Loving Relationship with your child”. Savanna will also share her impactful presentation on her lived experience with FASD as presented to Minister Smith MCCSS
For more info:
To register for this event here.