Fri, 18 October 2019 – 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
Royal Botanical Gardens – 680 Plains Road West, Burlington, ON L7T 4H4
Don’t miss this opportunity to come and learn more about FASD, how we can work together to remove barriers and improve the quality of life
About this Event
The event is a collaboration of the Halton & Hamilton FASD Support Groups. The following is a summary of the Speakers / Presentation:
- Sheilah Laffan – “Opening Yoga /Mindfullness”
- Flora Ennis, Nicole Schween, Michelle Ennis and Michael O’Riordan (Woodview) – “Camp Unity: Junior Leadership Program for Youth with FASD”
- Denise Kollee, Tanya Hall, Brenda Pinkus – “The Halton FASD Collaborative Experience /Supporting Community Change ”
- Brendon Pooran (Pooran Law) – “Estate Planning and Disability Trusts”
- Dr. Kaitlyn McLachlan (CanFASD) – “A Canadian FASD Snapshot: CanFASD and the National FASD Database”
- Matthew Pakozdy “We’re just different”
- Lisa Colombo and Staff Sgt. Brenna Bonn “FASD Waterloo – REACH For It”
- Judy Pakozdy (Parent/Advocate) – “This Is Us”
- Savanna Pietrantonio – “Having a Loving Relationship with your child”. Savanna will also share her impactful presentation on her lived experience with FASD as presented to Minister Smith MCCSS
The event includes FREE parking, breakfast, a light lunch and snacks!
Click here for more info and to register.