Faraz’s practice is primarily focused on human rights, and labour and employment law, although he also advises in the areas of education law, estate litigation, family law, and wills and estate planning. He has attended to matters governed by administrative tribunals, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, as well as the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
Faraz completed his articles at PooranLaw prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2018. He has advised on a wide range of wrongful dismissal and discrimination claims, as well as labour arbitrations, and he regularly prepares employment contracts and workplace policies. He is also heavily involved in the firm’s social justice initiatives, having co-authored a number of papers in the areas of human rights and constitutional law.
Before joining PooranLaw, Faraz worked in several boutique law firms around the Greater Toronto Area.
While at Queen’s University, Faculty of Law
- Student Tutor, Wills and Estate Planning
- Member, Indoor/Outdoor Soccer Intramurals
- Publicity Executive, Queen’s Law Cancer Society
- Member, Equity and Diversity
Recent blog posts
- Ontario Government Announces Labour & Employment Reforms
- Personal Emergency Leave: Recent Developments
- Government Provides Further Explanation on Cannabis Regulation in Ontario
- Ontario Government to Allow Cannabis Smoking Wherever Tobacco Smoking is Permitted: Employer’s Need Policies to Prevent Pot Use During Working Hours
Other significant written work
- Cheryl Wiles Pooran and Faraz Kourangi. “Assessment and Discrimination in Education, Employment and Professional Licensing: Testing the Limits of Accommodation,” Law Society of Ontario’s 7th Annual Human Rights Summit.